Started in 1775, United States Postal Services (USPS) is officially recognized by the United States. With sending mails and packages in the promised time being the primary objective, USPS has its share of fruitfulness in providing timely service.
From more than two centuries, since the inception, USPS has been successful in satisfying the needs of its customers. Fulfilling the requirements at its best, the USPS mail has been finding its way to serve the people till today. Possessing the advanced facilities in terms of technology and planning, it now has the largest vehicle fleet in the world with over 211,000 vehicles and 617,000 employees.
So far, USPS is said to be the best in the USA to provide mailing facilities to the customers as per its specialized efforts in every aspect.
USPS Price Calculation Process:
One must have an idea of the prices, the cost of the delivery depends on various factors like destination, priority, and service you choose for are the factor. In the website, you can find a USPS Rates Calculator tool that will help in calculating the cost of shipment.
Right after entering the details of the ‘To’ and ‘From’ zip codes along with preferred service, and the package size, the cost of shipping will be displayed.
Where you can check the postage price:
- Log into usps.com
- [Mail & Ship] option will be visible on the screen. You will find it on the blue bar that runs across your screen.
- Now, click on [Calculate a Price] you will find the drop down menu.
Right next to this, the postcalc.usps.com page opens, where it enables to CHECK the price and shipment details. Check the detailed process to understand more about USPS postage calculator.
The price calculator is based on the Domestic and International services:
Select a Destination: There are two ways to do this, firstly,
- Press ‘Tab’ Key on your keyboard
- Then wait for a few seconds while the web page refreshes.
- This option is for where you want to send the package.
- By default, this location shows like the United States (Domestic and APO/FPO/DPO Mail)
- Once you select a country, the package must be shipped to, example Canada
- Then left click one time outside the selected box
Enter the Item Value
- This is for the Amount/Price of the package.
- Enter the number directly.
Eg: If the package price is $10.00, Simply enter 10, if $10.50, then, enter 10.50 (Never use $ symbol at any place)
Enter the date.
- First, click on the tiny little box appearing next to the date
- Select the date when it should mail out
- You cannot select the earlier date as by default it is scratched out.
- There is another box beside it. Click on the tiny little arrow next to the time.
- From the drop down select when the package should go out.
Step 5: You can find a square entitled:
“Check if the mail piece contains only Nonnegotiable Document(s) and doesn’t contain any goods or merchandise.” This is for sending accepted mail, mark it right.
- If you have a good idea about your package size then enter the dimensions accordingly by clicking on ‘Shape of Package’ option.
OR you can complete this step if you have a better idea about the weight of the package
- Select a package followed by the weight of the product.
- There are options and you have to select those.
- Then you have a Continue …. option which takes you to another page.
Fill the Origin and Destination Postal Codes in both the boxes provided.
- To know your Origin ZIP Code click on ZIP Lookup and enter the information to receive the ZIP code.
- If you do not know the postal ZIP Code of the receiver, or the Destination Postal Code, there is a drop down available to select the State and City. The Destination Postal Code pops up automatically.
This is the final step, click Continue to go to next web page and select the required mailing option to finish the process.